Which version?

For those of you on the bleeding edge, which version of SWX would you prefer to run. We are currently running 2006 SP 4.0 and are preparing
to upgrade.... maybe.
2006 sp5.1 ... the best just got better. or 2009 beta 3
Hi Do you mean that '09 beta3 is so stable that you would use it in a production environement as safely as '06 SP5.1?

The sad part about that is yes the beta seems to be more stable than the released version if you can get thru the installation manager's FUBAR approach for installing software. This has been true in previous beta's as well.
Jean Marc wrote:

"Jean Marc" <jean-marc.brun> wrote in message

the 2009 reference was satirical :)

But I've heard from several people who are running Beta that they are much happier with 09 than 08. If the original poster can wait till 09 is released and has settled down a bit, that might be the ticket. It would be a shame to go through all the trials and tribulations of getting used to the quirks and foibles of the 08 interface if the 09 interface will be much easier to live with.
Jerry Steiger
Jerry Steiger wrote:

I don't think it's the interface per-se, but the new tools.. off the top of my head they now have a 'slot' tool (other than just using the offset tool), they have a hinge mate, and create dim on creation of geometry.. and many others.. best thing would look at the 'whats new' for 2k9
Really get used to the 2008 interface (less mouse movement and clicks). So for me it's 2008 SP4.0

Willem1 wrote:

I'll second that notion, if your going to upgrade, upgrade to 2k8, if your going to keep maintenance going, upgrade to 2k8, install 2k9 and learn it for when they release it. 2k9 will be released Sept./Oct. But if your not going to do maintenance, go with 2k8 but get 'in writing' from the var that you will receive any future upgrades to 2k8. (they might come out with SP5. and it would suck to be stuck at SP4.)
I agree - I really like 2008.
WT

IMHO,.. if you are NOT independent and you are working for someone else and like to twiddle your thumbs, like pretty graphics, like to brag that you have the latest version and get paid regardless of your productivity levels ... definitely...upgrade!
(ah yes,.. add it,.. fix it, repair it,.. break it,.. make it slower and cuter,...business model at it's best... it keeps going and going and going....)
..

I pretty much hate SW2008. I spend more time looking for tools than actually using them.
On the other hand, I started way back when SW96 came out. When there were like 10 features. And it was actually FAST. I would gladly trade speed for features.
On the other other hand my brother loves all the shortcuts hidden in SW08. It just takes a while to find them.
ca