sldIM - windows defender has blocked this start up program

Ever since I installed SWX2008 on my Vista laptop i keep getting the above message everytime I switch on. When I investigate this it states it is: sldIMScheduler.exe

Anyone know if this is required to ron SWX or can I delete it?

Thanks,

Kev

Reply to
alphawave

Straight from the SW FAQ:

Question: With Microsoft Vista, each time I start my computer I am required to go into "Blocked Startup programs " and accept to launch the Installation Manager (sldim). Can anything be done to avoid doing this?

Answer: Open Windows Defender, go to Tools and click on Software Explorer. Change category to startup programs. Choose show for all users. Select SLDIM and pick remove. This will not launch the sldimscheduler.exe on startup and the process will run on demand as needed for IM scheduling.

If Windows Defender is disabled:

-It is still possible by using the system configuration utility to disable the startup application.

-This can be launched from within the search command underneath all programs by typing msconfig.

-Once open, go to the startup tab and disable SolidWorks Installation Manager then reboot.

SPR #406426 - "There is an error on startup from Windows Defender ? Blocked Startup programs" has been submitted to our development team regarding this behavior.

Please refer to the SPR Look-up Subscription Services site for the latest status of this SPR.

Please contact your reseller in order to be added to the notification list to be contacted when the issue is resolved.

Reply to
tnik

Excellent!

Thanks,