SolidWorks or VX?

How long should it take

or is it out of SolidWorks depth?

Should I look at VX instead?

Reply to
evaluating

JB's personal / favorite "demo"

Gary

|:-( Big disappointment. Maybe in a few more years.

Reply to
evaluating

Reply to
haulin79

Thankie. Any of the kernels in popular use today, properly implemented, are capable enough. What's missing is application specific goemetry creation functions. Otherwise, if we are safe in the assumption that it's out of Solidworks league, we'd have to assume the same of UG and we all know that's not so.

Are you saying ImpactXoft has them?

Reply to
evaluating

ImpactXoft is a very interesting tool, but it takes a very different approach to CAD and provides a whole new set of strengths and weaknesses. For certain tasks, ImpactXoft is very capable. In contrast, it also introduced a whole new class of problems that SolidWorks, Pro/E, SolidEdge, UG, etc. do not have.

Reply to
John Eric Voltin

If it is all about the kernel how do you explain UG? Same kernel as Solidworks.

A million is peanuts. How long will you keep a team of highly specialized PhD mathemeticians and programmers around for that?

As yet no one has demonstrated any superiorities.

That's a pretty simple part. Non-organic, no higher order functions or geometry involved. Should take between four and eight hours to model once the goemetry is understood. That's not asking a lot of someone that wants to make a sale, is it? There should be one in every developers gallery. If you run across one let me know.

Reply to
evaluating

Which CAD vendors have you met with or called so far? I am sure any one of them will model that simple four to eight hour geometry for you for free to make the sale !

Reply to
haulin79

Now I'm really dissappointed. Please. Tell me you aren't just another one who's sole experience with 3D applications is the equivalent of building Leggo assemblies that hangs out in user groups looking for marks. Scratch ImpactXoft that uses Catia's kernel. Ching-Ching-No-Sale. I'll stop around again in a couple of years to check on progress.

Reply to
evaluating

I hear Lego engineers make some pretty good $$$ lol. Lego uses UGS NX.

Have you tried calling the companies that make/design the screws and ask them what CAD software they use?

BTW, I use SolidWorks, but have looked at ImpactXoft (15% owned by Dassault) as a less expensive way to work natively with automotive OEMs that use Catia.

Reply to
haulin79

Know what a circular reference is?

Still nothing to do with corn.

No need to ask. It's obvious. You asked? Did you understand the answers?

Why would Tim trash all that experience and expertise. Autodesk should have snagged him but, being as clueless and dishonest as you dropped the ASM scam on their customers. You thought that was a good idea, didn't you? Yeah, yeah, Parasolid doesn't do everything ACIS does. That's why ACIS is a better choice for entry level and niche market applications but that's all it will ever be. You will never see a UG built over ACIS. Turnip.

Anybody have any turnip and corn recipes?

Reply to
yakityak