split bom into 2 table

I have 250 part in bill of material. but i want to split into 2 table. the first is production part (80 piece). the other table is common part. I want to customize the Item number of common part table start at

100. How can i do?
Reply to
czhate

Select the BOM (Make sure you select the AutoHide border not a cell, row or column.) At the bottom left you have a section labled Item Numbers>Start at: you can set that to 100. Then if you select a row in the bom and RMB you will get a menu that contains Split. You have the option to split above or bleow.

Corey

Reply to
CS

Actually, the way I read it, I think he wants the top half to start at 1, and the split-off bottom half to start at 100. In essence, two BOM's.

The only way I can think of would be to have a config of the model that has only the common parts in it. They don't have to be fully mated if you don't move them around, but even then it may not really matter as long as the "real" config has everything mated properly. Then on the drawing, you can insert another BOM that references that other config and start it at 100. In the "real" BOM, you will have to turn off the common parts so they don't also show up there.

However, this method has a serious flaw in that the balloons for those parts will match the first BOM, not the second. The only way around that that I can think of would be to manually override the balloon numbers.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

You could also manually re-number them it may take a while but the balloons will follow.

Corey

Reply to
CS

i remember, I can do it in solidworks 2004 ;(

Reply to
czhate