Spring Tutorial or Presentation

Does anyone here know of a tutorial or presentation on the finer points
of spring making? In particular, I need to learn to create a "flat"
first and last coil. If the diameter of the spring wire itself is
thick enough, it is easy enough to flatten the first and last coil with
a single line extrude cut, to give it the "ground" or machined flat
appearance, however when the spring wire diameter is of a small gauge,
the flat appearance would have to be accomplished in the drawing of
the helicoil, somehow, to make the spring rest flat at the bottom end,
and be flat at the top.
The help files and literature that I have don't elaborate on this very
much at all.
I would appreciate any response.
G. De Angelis
Reply to
G. De Angelis
If youhave access to 3D Content Central on SWX Website there are a number of springs in user library that are exactly what you are looking for.
Reply to
Nev Williams
If you are after an accurately designed spring, I would highly recommend
MitCalc has a SolidWorks add-in that generates 3d models after inputting appropriate design data.
John Layne

John Layne