Spring Tutorial or Presentation

Does anyone here know of a tutorial or presentation on the finer points of spring making? In particular, I need to learn to create a "flat"
first and last coil. If the diameter of the spring wire itself is thick enough, it is easy enough to flatten the first and last coil with a single line extrude cut, to give it the "ground" or machined flat appearance, however when the spring wire diameter is of a small gauge, the flat appearance would have to be accomplished in the drawing of the helicoil, somehow, to make the spring rest flat at the bottom end, and be flat at the top. The help files and literature that I have don't elaborate on this very much at all. I would appreciate any response. G. De Angelis
If youhave access to 3D Content Central on SWX Website there are a number of springs in user library that are exactly what you are looking for.
--
Neville Williams
Z-Axis Design - NZ