Cylinder-Cam Tutorial Help

Has anyone in this forum completed the Cylinder Cam offered by Doctor J Mather. I guess it is a little beyond the knowledge that I have of Solidworks right now, and I would appreciate it if anyone does have the Solidworks file, if they would be so kind as to share it with me so that I can see (hopefully), how it is completed. I am hoping that by turning back the design tree, I will be able to see something that I am evidentally missing. The tutorial may be designed for an intermediate user, which I am definitely not right now. TIA Erika Layne

Reply to
Erika Layne

While you're waiting for something better, you might nose around on mcadforums.com. There might be a copy there already. Search the forum and look in the files section.

I didn't catch all of the previous thread re the subject so this might not be anything new ...

will give you the fundamentals for an alternative method of driving such a mechanism. I once saw a pic of an (Cory McConnell?) IV model driven similarly with about a dozen rollers riding a large cam. Kinda cool.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Erika, I don't exactly qualify as an "intermediate" user either, but eventually I did complete Dr. Mather's brilliant tutorial. It was especially difficult for me, because the good Doctor employs mostly Surface Geometry in his presentation, which at that time was totally alien to me, after having just started to learn Solid Geometry. I have put the Solidworks file and a rendered jpg file on my web site for you, in the zip format, at this link:

G. De Angelis De Angelis Tool Valhalla Grafix

G. De Angelis