3-D Sketch Tutorial

Would anyone here know of a tutorial for 3-D Sketching, other than the Wire Oven Rack, that is included in the Solidworks Online Tutorial? I know that this forum is blessed with quite a few specialty experts here on some of the many different phases of Solidworks, and yet for some reason 3-D sketching is very rarely spoken of . I know that there must be some finer points on the subject to cover than that particular tutorial does, as fine a tutorial as it is. I have a particular need to learn to sketch steam piping in many crazy different and overlapping directions, for an antique steam powered boat model , and I hope that the compass directions alone that the online tutorial demonstrates is enough. Or is it? Karen

Reply to
kareninventress

Doesn't get much better than this....

This is a mouse tutorial that is really great at helping you understand some 3D sketching.

Here are some others that you can check out as well
another great site is dimontegroup.com

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
modelsin3d

I can let you have "Advanced Part Modeling"(14,647 KB) and "Sheet Metal & Weldments"(6,192 KB) from the SolidWorks 2005 Training Manuals series if you don't have them. Both have sections in them covering 3D Sketching. You also will need the self-extracting part files for each (about 13.5 MB for 'Sheet Metal & Weldments".I'm missing the part files for the "Advanced Part Modeling" somehow. If anyone has these, I sure would appreciate your help.). Hopefully you have a fast connex and a place (FTP server) to put these..

Mike S

Reply to
Mike Schick

The best tutorial that I have seen was from Mountain-Wave.com, (but I can't remember exactly where). The tutorial is part of a bigger I-cast and is fairly short/ simple but extremely informative.

Hope this helps.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Here is another one.

jmather

Note: Dimontegroup.com does not have anything on 3D sketching.

But thanks for the plug anyway - I'm glad that folks find the stuff useful Ed

Reply to
ed1701