standard threads as parts available?

Does anyone know where I can download SW parts of actual threads - either machine and / or other types already created as kind of a "thread wizard" / thread library? I understands that SW has a representation but I want to be able to have the actual part shown.

I can create my own, but I would like to save the time.

Thanks, Rob

Reply to
321design

Rob,

This may not be exactly what your asking for but McMaster has a huge selection of solid models for hardware, bolts, screws, etc. that you can download for free.

HTH, Tom

Reply to
brewertr

They do have lots of screws with threads on them BUT the threads are not modeled correct. They are a revolve that is then patterned to resemble threads. Won't work if you need them for machining purposes

I don't understand why you need to model them for machining purposes but I don't need to.

Drop me a private email snipped-for-privacy@aol.com with the thread specs you want to model. I have been modeling Customer Specific Custom Thread Forms for the past couple of days and may be able to help you out. Either way it won't hurt to look at it.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Reply to