Strange Activity at SWW2006

This has been on my mind for a long time now, but did anyone else encounter the two people handing out flyers outside of SolidWorks World

2006 (in Vegas)?

They were located on the walkway between Caesars and the Strip, and the cards they were handing out were multicolored (and no, they did not have pictures of women with phone numbers). One side of the card had something like "Questions that SolidWorks Does Not Want You to Ask" and the other had some other specific question about the capabilities of SolidWorks.

However, I asked the ladies handing these things out and they had no idea who was behind it all (nothing written on the cards either). Does anyone else know more about these?

Reply to
Fye

Do you happen to remember what specifically was on the flyers?

Reply to
ken

Have a few of them, but can't get them till Monday. Wil post when I get them

Reply to
Fye

On the very same bridge they were also handing out invitations to some "surfing" party where you could see a cool surfing simulator. I heard later a rumour that the party had nothing to do with SW, but instead it was organized by some *ahem* yet unknown competitor. I took the flyer, let's see if I have it somewhere.

-h-

Reply to
Heikki Leivo

That's what I was trying to find out Heikki, but the gals handing out the flyers were only temps and knew nothing about who was actually providing the cards.

Reply to
Fye

I believe those were from AutoDesk. There was a web survey with similar questions. If there was an invite to a surf party it definitely was from AutoDesk as someone else on the newsgroup already pointed that out the Sunday before SWW started.

Reply to
TOP

Interesting. The day I encountered them was Monday afternoon.

Reply to
Fye

Banquers or Bonkers

Reply to
ms

Reply to
Gil Alsberg

I just dug up these quotes from Inventor World or whatever it is called [ Autodesk Manufacturing Solutions Summit]

- The external marketing people had the job of diverting excitable attendees. Complaints about the Autodesk marketing stunt at SolidWorks World were met with "Do you iron your own clothes?" Or this bland diversion: "I've always hated my last name." I rather like mine, which is why I'm a writer and perhaps why they're not. "I didn't realize she was doing that," admitted the Autodesk executive when the diversionary tactic was pointed out to him. "I get it every working day," I responded wearily.

TOP