Surface wont stay hidden ...

Hello gang,

I have a solid block with an externally referenced surface (offset = 0) used for a cut feature. The surface doesn't have enough area to cut through the entire block so I extended it and applied a surface cut. Then I right- click the surface-offset, hide the body, lock all the external references and save.

So far so good.

Every time I open the part in a new SWX session the surface is showing and I have to re-hide it.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help

2007 SP4.0 XPPro SP2
Reply to
Rod Morningwood

Use "Delete Bodies" to dispose of the surface once you are done with it.

Delete Bodies will delete the surface body, so it is not present for future features and will not "accidentally" be shown again. Delete Bodies is a feature, so you can roll back to or move the Delete Bodies feature if you need the body for other features. Deleteing the Delete Bodies feature will restore your deleted bodies.

Reply to
That70sTick

And so it will continue..... it's ALWAYS been a problem, which has NEVER been resolved. =2E... because,... SW Corp has poor programming and their QC sux and of course that ok cuz they profit from their on-going mistakes! Cute, isn't it!?!?!? What a great slimy business model?!?!?!

=2E.

Reply to
zxys

That70sTick wrote in news:b324588c-284c-4e8b-9f85- snipped-for-privacy@2g2000hsn.googlegroups.com:

Works great, thanks a million. Now I wont get the WTFs from my customer

/cheers

Reply to
Rod Morningwood

zxys wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@p25g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

Being a machine designer I don't get the chance to work with surfaces much. But this does seem counter intuitive.

I completely agree with you on the programming. I've found many "quirks" over the years and I'm still finding them to this day

Found this gem yesterday: create a drawing of part or assy. Click the balloon tool and zoom in really close so the dot fills the screen. Add some balloons and the drawing will close. Sometimes swx crashes as well.

This is probably marketed as a "quick close" feature though

/cheers

Reply to
Rod Morningwood