Toolbox Edit Definition Error

While right clicking on a screw in my property manger, and selecting "Edit Toolbox Definition" I get an error "Toolbox - Edit Definition Error" "Error: Unable to find specifications for this component in the master database". Anybody know what this is all about? In my toolbox properties I point to the correct toolbox location. This isn't some old screw from some previous verision, I could insert anything from toolbx but then not be able to edit it's definition the next moment.

Thanks

~pope

Reply to
pope

Come on seriously no one has ever seen this problem before? I could actually change the toolbox definition yesterday but now today I can't. Which makes be think perhaps it has to do with the .mdb file being on the server. Anyone?

Reply to
pope

I did find one weird thing, it seems the configurations of the screws I can't edit the definition of are "previewcfg", while the rest are set to some length. It is as if some of my screws have been assigned a "preview" configuration. Crazy talk.

Reply to
pope

I'm not a ToolBox user, but I seem to recall seeing something about the previewcfg in the SolidWorks Forum. You might want to check there, since you aren't getting any response here.

Jerry Steiger

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

insert a new toolbox part (anything) into the problem assembly. you should now be able to edit the definitions of the assembly's existing toolbox parts. (you can now delete the new toolbox part).

hth kenneth

Reply to
kenneth