Survey: Who reads help?

Survey by SurveyMonk. (Fat, bald and shrouded in secrecy.)

On a scale of 1 to 5 where 5 means you have read every word and 1 means you haven't read a bit of it:

  1. I have read all of SW 2004 help.

  1. I have read all of SW 2005 help.

  2. I have read all of SW 2003 help.

  1. At some point I have read all of SW help.

  2. When a new version of SW comes out I read all the What's new.

  1. When a new service pack comes out I read all the help to find out what's changed.

Whe're almost done now.

  1. I have read all the KnowledgeBase.

Thanks for participating. We'll post the results as soon as we have all of them. Have an extremely nice Fall day.

Reply to
P.

2
2
2
1

release notes - 5?

1

Did I fill that out right?

Reply to
Dale Dunn

jk

Reply to
jk

Thanks, we're off to a good start.

Reply to
P.

Read as I need. What percentage is that?

Reply to
CS

I have to agree here. I have read a bunch of all of it, but mostly as I need to investigate something.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Actually, that's what I do too, but I was trying to fit that behavior into Paul's parameters. I was taught to always be polite to monks of all types..........

jk

Reply to
jk

2

4

3

5

4
1
Reply to
daniel

2
1
2
4 - A few years bacck I sure made an effort to get through as much as I could. There are things that I never, ever do, so I skimmed or skipped ithose items.
5 - I am actually going to make a point of re-reading the whats new for 2004 and 2005. I think the introduction of new stuff is getting so fast that I have gotten behind and need a refresher on what I've laready read.
1
4 - I used to make a point of checking it every two weeks, but the introduction of new material slowed to a crawl so I stopped bothering with it. I jsut scanned everything that was introduced since 2002 to catch up - it was only like fifty items in essentially three whole years.
Reply to
Edward T Eaton

3
2
4
5 but I've forgotten it all
5
2
1

Regards

Jonathan Stedman

sw97- present - but feal as if beaten about the head with a fish :-)

Reply to
jjs

2
1 (Not using it)