Results: Who Reads Help?

As promised here are the results. Only those who answered on the scale where counted. If someone would like to doublecheck it would be appreciated. I added my responses even though they don't appear on the NG.

What's New is the most popular Help being read and SW2005 is the least popular. I wonder if this bespeaks a large lag in implementation.

Knowledgebase is next to last and one comment was that this was because it is not being maintained. The next survey will delve into that subject a bit more. I find it rather surprising because the KB has a lot of indepth information interspersed with a lot of minimally helpful information. Also many don't know it but the KB can be downloaded.

Sooo, here are the original survey questions and the responses. The response level is followed by the count of responses in parentheses. Enjoy.

On a scale of 1 to 5 where 5 means you have read every word and 1 means you haven't read a bit of it:

  1. I have read all of SW 2004 help.
1(0) 2(7) 3(1) 4(0) 5(0)

  1. I have read all of SW 2005 help.

1(4) 2(3) 3(0) 4(1) 5(0)

  1. I have read all of SW 2003 help.

1(0) 2(6) 3(2) 4(0) 5(0)

  1. At some point I have read all of SW help.

1(2) 2(3) 3(0) 4(1) 5(2)

  1. When a new version of SW comes out I read all the What's new.

1(0) 2(1) 3() 4(1) 5(5)

  1. When a new service pack comes out I read all the help to find out what's changed.

1(1) 2(3) 3(2) 4(1) 5(1)

  1. I have read all the KnowledgeBase.

1(2) 2(3) 3(1) 4(2) 5(0)
Reply to