SW based BOM

How do you add things like grease and adhesives in an SW based BOM without SW removing the items whenever it feels like it?

I would rather not make "empty" part files.

Reply to
rob nolin

We generally have a library part that is "empty" but propagates the BOM with the item and insert that into the assy. Sorry, no other obvious answer.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

You might try creating an empty part, and saving it as a toolbox entity. That would show up on your BOM, be easy to find in the future, and just a few "epmty" library parts would cover nearly any need. An added advantage would be that you could go ahead and populate the properties of the empty toolbox part. Future changes to specs would be easier to propegate as you'd not have to manually alter every BOM manually.

Reply to
Brian

I made it out to Solidworks World last year and I could swear they mentioned that adding things like grease and adhesives would be do-able in 2007. Anyone else remember hearing this?

Thanks for the input

Rob

Reply to
rob nolin

Another SW BOM issue...

I have a subassembly, which has two configurations. The configurations are used to denote the right and left of the subassembly. Usually in a SW BOM if there are multiple configurations of an assembly you have the option to select one or the other or BOTH of the configurations. For some reason I only have the option to select one or the other, but NOT BOTH of the configurations (which is of course what I want to do).

My question, is there a particular situation where SW will only let you select one of the configurations (and not both) of an assembly?

Thanks!

Rob

Reply to
rob nolin