SW2005sp1.1

Dear All,

Please let me know if you are also having lots of prob's with SW2005sp1.1 as far as crashing go's. This is the order of the day here and I'm wondering if this is my installation or just SW.

We are running MSP2000 sp4

Wondering..............--->>> Frustrated?

Greetings

Reply to
Solid Works

Is the nature of the crashes consistent. What type of files are you working with when problems occur. Is your tree clean or is it a "Tree Of BLOOD" Red trees can cause more frequent crashes FYI.

Corey

Reply to
CS

Tree is clean.

Simple things like; adding a offset datum plane with difined sketches and then changing the distance to achieve a result...crash!!! when in rollback and making a change to a sketch, hit enter and ...crash!!! just changing a parameter in the tree...crash!!!

We have had 1,5 years of this and its not getting better. Our supplier has looked at it and found no reason.

Wondering..............--->>> Frustrated?

SW2005sp1.1

Reply to
Solid Works

Just last night I was doing a fair bit of work with rollback and make changes, and no issues that I noticed. Overall, we are pretty stable here.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

What is your CPU setup. Is it on multiple machines or is one worse than others. Matt Lombard has a good reference for a crash prone system

go to Rules of Thumb>Troubleshooting a Crash Prone system. Follow his guidelines and see if that helps. If you have been having trouble for a year and a half I doubt it is just the SP. Some of the recent SPs have been mostly crash free for me, and a little worse for some of the others in our group here.

Corey

...crash!!!

Reply to
CS

I was having major problems with 2005 and crashing. Then after sending a file to my reseller that would crash my system EVERY time I tried to do a diagnosis and they didn't have any problems with it, I decided to uninstall and did a more thorough registry cleaning than usual. The extra registry keys were identified in a solidworks email or tech support document on their site. I don't have them in front of me, but I'll try to post or email which keys it was tomorrow when I'm back in the office. Anyway after reloading I could work on the same problem file (and others) with no problems.

Rory

Reply to
Rory

Richard Doyle

Thanks, Rory,

I will read the document and see if this helps. I'm amazed my reseller did not mention this.

Ron

Reply to
Solid Works

It looks like you guessed it but, The link Richard posted is the information I was referring to.

Rory

Reply to
Rory

- A very good registry cleaner can be found at

ked