swBOEngine.exe

What is this process? I have seen it running ever since installing 2004. It stays up even when SW is shut down.

Reply to
kellnerp

Bada bing...

Bada booom...

Mike J. Wilson

Paul,

I used custom install, and didn't install anything I didn't recognize. I don't specifically remember "not" installing it, but it doesn't load when I start 2004. I can't find it in my task manager with,or without, 2004 running.

Sounds like something that'd drive me nuts. It'd be a bummer if you had to uninstall-reinstall just to get rid of it.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

it's the Scheduler process, which comes with SW Office. You can disable it in the "Services" section of your Administrator Tools.

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

This was a known issue in the 2004 Beta testing. The swBOengine continued after the SW session had finished and has been fixed in SW2004 SP0. Although if you have run the beta versions the problem will persist. I seem to remember a registry fix to solve this legacy issue.

Reply to
Simon Miller

Mike and all,

Thanks. After I posted I looked and found some of the posts you compiled.

I am in fact running SP0 and the process persists.

The BO >> "kellnerp" wrote...

Reply to
kellnerp