Sysytem fonts in SW2005

Is it just me, or does anyone els notice the system fonts, the ones in the property manager, on the tools-options pages, and just about everywhere else, look kinda funky.

Open the tools-options in 2004 and 2005 look at them side by side. The letters in 2005 are very messy, almost like they were scaled or something.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

Mark, I'm looking at them side by side, but I don't see any difference, other than the tab window is now white instead of the same color as the outside edge. The fonts look just as clear!

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Now that you mentions it:

  1. I thought my trifocals were dirty, but no you are right, the fonts have a bit of fuzziness.

  1. It appears that the "white" background is a little more off white. Windex wouldn't fix it.

  2. Somebody airbrushed shading onto the icons. The new icons stand out a bit better.

  1. The annotations folder had a letter change from T to A.

  2. The rib icon is reversed to match the backwards oblique projection of the other icons.

  1. The hole wiz icon has a 3D treatment.

  2. The sketch icon has changed.

  1. The sketch features are drawn with thicker lines.

  2. The corner fillet has a center mark.

  1. The point x has been replaced by an asterix *.

  2. The 3D sketcher icon now has the letters 3D in it.

  1. The convert edges icon has been flipped to the backwards oblique orientation.

  2. The centerpoint arc icon has been reworked. This is one I like better the old way.

Well, enough "Where's Waldo"

OK,,,

SW 2004 uses "proportional" spacing, 2005 doesn't. If you look at the two side by side you can see that they're the same font. It's just that the letters in 2005 are all scrunched together. No big deal, just makes it look cheesy. Some of the dialog boxes, like measure, look like throwbacks to windows 3.1, but the icons look cool.

I printed the "What's New" manual this afternoon. I'll start going through it tomorrow. So far, I like what I see.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM