textures

I am a new user of Solid Works as employee of a company that manufactures wooden playground equipment. I have created some parts like the poles of our playground towers and have assigned 'pine' as material. I have noticed that the direction of the structure of the pine varies along the different surfaces of these parts and I am unable to correct this direction in some cases.

In other cases I am under the impression that when I am able to change it and save the part, the direction changed again after opening the part again.

Has anyone experienced the same ?

KG

Reply to
INFO MEKANO

I am a new user of Solid Works as employee of a company that manufactures wooden playground equipment. I have created some parts like the poles of our playground towers and have assigned 'pine' as material. I have noticed that the direction of the structure of the pine varies along the different surfaces of these parts and I am unable to correct this direction in some cases.

In other cases I am under the impression that when I am able to change it and save the part, the direction changed again after opening the part again.

Has anyone experienced the same ?

KG

Reply to
INFO MEKANO

If you're assigning the textures is SolidWorks your control over them is going to be limited and unpredictable.

If you asign the textures in PhotoWorks (the rendering add-in) you'll have more control over the texture.

Reply to
Rock Guy