Video Card Comparison nVidia FX500 vs 750xgl

Does anyone know which card would perform better: the nVidia Quadro FX500 or 750xgl? The 750 looks to be an older design, but may perform a slight bit better according to nVidia's benchmarks (no SW benchmark though).

What I've come up with so far

750 XGL AGP 4X Memory Size 128MB DDR proe-01: 16.8 ugs-01:15.7 3dsmax-01 15.7 $ 355 street

FX500 AGP 8X Memory Size 128MB Memory Interface 128 bit proe-02 16.7 ugs-03 12.1

3dsmax-02 12.0 $ 295 street

Perry

Reply to
Edge

Not sure where the specs came from but when I look at Nvidia's site the pro scores are identical EXCEPT that, as usual with benchmarks of one generation vs another, the versions of the tests are different. So I have no real idea which one performs better. In other words, Proe-01 vs Proe-02, etc. Sounds like you'll have more research to do in order to spot some differences. Good luck and keep us posted on what you find. Thanks!

- Eddy

Reply to
Eddy Hicks