Voice recognition - Solidworks

Anyone used any voice recognition software to drive Solidworks. Something like Dragon perhaps?

Regards

Jonathan

Reply to
jjs

It's been done, there is a link in google about some people at a university who set it up with dragon and sw for people with disabilities.

I've played around with dragon a few years ago for general computing and it is very cool and functional. It has a great mouse grid function which can be suprisingly accurate.

Zander

Reply to
Zander

The only thing I would have to watch when using it is keeping all of the

1$%!@)((!@*%)!(*@#$ words out of my notes when it crashes :-0

Look up the "language bar" in Windows help. I'm not sure if this has always been in XP, but I've been seeing it for some time. When I let Windows install Internet Explorer 7, it was set to be on by default.

I haven't attempted control of anything with it yet, but there appear to be tools for that included.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Sorry couldn't resist.

Although I think voice recognition could be useful.

John Layne

John Layne

That was just too funny - thanks!

WT

"John Layne"

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:21:34 -0600, "Wayne Tiffany"

Thnaks for all your thoughts :-)

Just checked my xp - and would you believe it, its there - but then just seen John's post - I need to sppeak to my product liability brocker :-)

Jonathan

wrote:

Reply to
jjs

I'll do al itlle more looking around - thanks for the tip

Jonathan

Reply to
jjs

Actually, this is something that was done with ACAD about 15 years ago with some fairly good success. I looked into this a little back then but the technology didn't seem to be prefected very well. But hopefully the technology in this area has improved. This is something that could really be useful... I can imagine having all of the hot keys plus a few others like "escape" and "enter" that could have a tremendous improvement on effeciency. Perhaps SW should add this into the "hot key" system?

Edt

Reply to
Ed

"Ed" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...

I tried both "Dragon" and "IBM", and there was a huge perf hit. But that was maybe 10 years ago, machines are now much more powerful.

Reply to
Jean Marc