Where did the control tab go

sw 2008 sp4.0

I have inserted a BOM and I cant see/find the control tab. Where did it go?

TIA Brian

Reply to
B.E.

This is a SW BOM and there used to be a button or a tab that brought up in a new window the material list. From there you could see what was ballooned and you could pick what you wanted in the bom, cant seem to find it.

thanks

Reply to
B.E.

Never mind, I found it. Absolutely silly location, very hard to see and use with high resolution monitor and no documentation of it. Amazing!

Reply to
B.E.

Where is it? I just experienced the same problem.

Reply to
nbprice

More importantly, you used to be able to reorder and group in this control tab. Is there a way to do this in 2008?

-Nick

Reply to
nbprice

On the LH side of the BOM is a little wide area that is the handle. Click there.

WT

-Nick

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Nick,

Click on a material list to have focus on it. Move your cursor to the left edge and there is a small area that you can click that will expand and show whether or not the item is a ballooned. Your cursor will change and give me some feedback when you're on the edge that expands. My list was quite long so you might have to zoom in to better pick it.

As far as grouping and ungrouping rows just click a row and a context graphical menu appears with those functions. I'm not sure how to move a reorder the rows though. I export mine out to excel and finish the BOM with it.

Brian

-Nick

Reply to
B.E.