2 questions

No. 1 gauge, or at least the size track it runs on, is very popular in the USA. Pick up a copy of "Garden Railways" and check it out. I think it as passed O gauge in popularity.

Reply to
Mikal Fisher

Gauge 1 runs on gauge 1 track. G gauge is a myth.

Now for

I've read that 1/29 is three times the size of HO's 1/87, so they can just multiply HO dimensions by 3 to get the larger models. I've also read that it's the scale of the old Standard Gauge trains.

So, as far as I can tell, there is no intelligent or reasonable explanation for the scale.

Reply to
<wkaiser

Bill, Heck it all probably all goes back to ancient Rome and scale model chariots or something. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger