A question about Scale Structure Sizes

What scale is "Z" scale. Is it around 1/200 or is it smaller. And if so what is the size for it. How difficult is it to find buildings in that scale.

Thanks very much for your help

... cyberborg ..........

.
Reply to
cyberborg 4000

It's a little smaller: 1/220. Its popularity seems to be growing, but equipment for it is relatively expensive and there is not nearly the selection you have with N.

-- Bill McC.

Reply to
Bill McCutcheon

But if you want to see a whole lot of it in one place, I understand the National Train Show in Cincinnati is going to have a rather sizable Z BendTrack layout... I think they were saying something like 60 scale miles of track?

Reply to
Joe Ellis

Hi,

Z scale is a little bit smaller at 1/220. It's not difficult to find buildings in Z. They aren't as plentiful as HO or N scales, but they can definitely be found. For a sampling:

...and there are more that aren't on that list, because they're not carried by Walthers. Z scale has grown a lot in the past 4-5 years. For more info (a lot more), I'd recommend joining the Z_scale group at Yahoo Groups:

Hope to see you there,

WZ

Reply to
Wild Zontar