A suggestion - more meaningful discussions...

I have noticed that this group likes to take off on a tangent at times. Let's say a newbie asks a question. The first respondent tries to make a joke about it - and then we have 10 more people following up on the joke rather than answering the question. I would like to see the humor at least be attached to a meaningful reply, and not let the serious stuff fall by the wayside. After all, are we here to help each other, or is this simply a good-boys club? ;-)

Reply to
Frank Eva

Compliments to "Matt & Kathleen Brennan" for routinely asking meaningful questions regarding prototype practice and current modeling.

The threads precipitated by the Brennan's questions are informative and fun, and are, in my mind, just what Frank is talking about and hoping for more of. The Brennan initiated threads are just what this group needs more of.

I'm not an ATSF / Santa Fe fan and not a follower of the big Western roads, yet I always learn something interesting and helpful to my short line / narrow gauge interests in reading a Brennan thread.

Thank you both.

-- Jim McLaughlin

Please don't just hit the reply key. Remove the obvious from the address to reply.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

````````````` Just like in real life conversations. If a more, uh, moderated forum is wanted there's always Yahoo! Groups. Personally, I prefer a bit more wiggle room online to converse. The question usually gets answered at some point.

Paul - "The CB&Q Guy"

Reply to
Paul K - The CB&Q Guy