American Flyer Crossing Gates

Hello fellow railroaders, especially S-gaugers. Does anyone know the
internal difference between the Gilbert #591 and #592 automatic crossing
gates? The #592 is designed to be operated by a pressure trip while the
#591 uses an isolated track section and a one-wire track terminal. I have
the later #600 gate that also uses an isolated block and an external
electromagnetic track trip (relay). I have a hunch that this relay is
internal to the #591.
Interesting evolution on the crossing gates. Gilbert finally settled on a
manual pushbutton-operated gate (not nearly as nice looking as the earlier
designs IMHO)! Guess the other types proved problematic. Sincerely,
John Wood (Code 5550) e-mail:
Naval Research Laboratory
4555 Overlook Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20375-5337
Reply to
J. B. Wood
Loading thread data ...

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.