American Flyer Mayflower Gauge

Hi,

What is the gauge of the AM Mayflower McCoy replica? All I can find is references to "wide" and "standard." Its not clear if that means Lionel "O," AM "S" or ?

Gary

Reply to
abby

Not the smartest guy on the topic, but here's what I know:

American Flyer "Wide Gauge" was built to similar size as Lionel "Standard Gauge", both of which were larger than "0" gauge and smaller than LGB. lionel had copyrighted the term "Standard Gauge" for toy trains so Flyer couldn't use it, even though the two products(plus those of IVES, Dorfan, and Boucher) were the same size and could be run on the same track.

Standard/Wide Gauge was primarily a prewar product; the lines apparently disappeared during WWII, but there has been a revival of sorts due to your above mentioned McCoy company, RichArt, new Lionel, and Mike's Trin House (MTH).

Hope this helps.

V/R,

Mike

Reply to