Any advice on how to setup my new Digitrax system?

I just received my new radio controlled Digitrax Super Chief system and was looking for anything I should watch out for while installing it. I am converting a block powered layout. I'm new to the whole DCC technology so I wanted to tap into all the great expertise out there to see if there were any gotchas or anything I could do to make things better. Thank you!

--Scott

Reply to
Scott

Join the Digitrax group at Yahoo - Send an e-mail to:

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

If you have any problems, they're you best resource - it's a huge group of Digitrax users all over the world. Odds are, if you have a problem, someone there has already dealt with it.

One thing - POWER THAT UR91! The best way to have problems with the radio is not to power that receiver and try to rely on loconet power for it.

-- Joe Ellis ? CEO Bethlehem-Ares Railroad - A 1:160 Corp. ___a________n_mmm___mmm_mmm_mmm___mmm_mmm_mmm___mmm_n______ ___|8 8B| ___ /::::: / /::::X/ /:::::/ /:::::/|| ||__BARR| | | /::::::/ /:::::X /:::::/ /:::::/ ||

---------------------------------------------------------------- [(=)=(=)=(=)=(=)] |_________________________| [(=)=(=)=(=)=(=)] =============Serving America's Heartland Since 1825=============

Joe Ellis

I assume your block powered layout has multiple cabs. The first thing I try would be to select one cab and hooking the DCC to it. Set all the block cab selectors to that one cab and you should have a DCC layout.

Reply to
SleuthRaptorman

While that is certainly a great way to try things out, be aware that it may not be the best overall way to wire the layout for DCC in the long term. See the "good DCC website" thread for links to lots of good info.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Martinak

Most important -- adequate power bus and feeders at frequent intervals, with the ability to shut off individual sections (blocks) for trouble shooting.

Also, I suggest making friends with the folks at Tony's Train Exchange. I found them to be very helpful, and they have some great products.

rs

Reply to
Rick Stern