Turning on Track Power

I just replaced my Digitrax Empire Builder Command Station DB 150 with a used Super Chief DCS 200. With my old DB 150, and on other layouts using Super Chief, I power up the layout, plug in my throttle, acquire my loco and start running. With my "new" DCS 200 I need to power up the layout, plug in my throttle, TURN ON TRACK POWER FROM MY THROTTLE, and then acquire my loco and start running.

It's a minor annoyance, and certainly one I can live with, but I wonder if having to take the extra step is indicative of some other problem with the system. Is there away to eliminate the need to turn on track power from my throttle each time I power out the layout?

(When I shut down the system I dispatch my locos and shut off power to the system. I don't turn off track power or change the MODE switch).

I'd appreciate any comments.

Carter Braxton

Reply to
Jeff Dippel

I believe there's a command station CV to leave the track power in the last state. It's 33 I believe.

Reply to
Jon Miller

"Jon Miller" wrote in news:3pidndwOpo93o8jUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@posted.imaginoninc:

I just checked the manual. You'll need to set both OpSw 33 and OpSw 34.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Thank you for the quick response however we've now exceded my realm of knowledge. I understand CVs but are OpSw 33 and OpSw 34 the same as CV 33 and CV34? If so to what value should each of those CVs be set? I can't find any reference to them in my manual.

Thanks/Carter

Reply to
Jeff Dippel

Try going tothe Digitrax web site.

This is a link to the FAQ. Use the same settings with your cammandstation as the DCS100. The first two itemsshould give you the informtionthat you need.

Howard Garner

Reply to
Howard R Garner

"Jeff Dippel" wrote in news:lce5l.11508$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi065.nbdc.sbc.com:

OpSw are Option Switches. They're basically CVs that are set on the command station. (They're not quite the same thing, but for purposes of this discussion they're close enough.)

How to set option switches and their functions are found starting on page

115 of the manual, downloadable from
Puckdropper
Reply to
Puckdropper

Jeff, Now might be a good time to learn about JMRI. Command station switches can be set using JMRI.

Jon Miller

Thank you Guys... changing OpSw 33 & 34 did the trick.

As for using JMRI, I couldn't agree more. In fact I upgraded from Empire Builder to Super Chief specifically so that I could get the readback feature and better use JMRI. I'm just getting into JMRI now and I didn't know the OpSw options could be changed there. Can someone tell me which panel controls the OpSw options?

Thanks/Carter

Reply to
Jeff Dippel

OpSw options could be changed there. Can someone tell me which panel controls the OpSw options?<

LocoNet on the first window and then configure command station. The command station programmer shown should be what is in Preferences.

Reply to
Jon Miller