Anybody in Concord/Charlotte NC

Hi, I am in the military and have always loved Model Railroading. Since I am in the military and always moving it is impossible to set up a large train layout until I retire. I have been collecting trains all my life and would love to meet someone in the Concord or Charlotte area that can take the time to show/example to me their layout. Interested in DCC command and how it works. Please any help will be great. Thanks, Sean

Reply to
Sean Hotaling

Sean,

Check around at the local hobby shops in Charlotte. There is active modelrailroading going on in that area.

If you have free time on Saturday and don't mind driving for 2

1/2 hrs, come on down to Central, SC (near Greenville and next to Clemson) for their festival this Saturday 09/27.

The Central Model Railway and Historical Association will be set up in the Fire Hall in downtown Central. We operate with DCC. While the local layouts will not be availible (we will be at the festival) there are at least 3 of use using Digitrax radio DCC.

We will have a few dealers selling at the Fire Hall a well.

You can e-mail me tonight. By 7am tomorrow I will be in Central.

Howard Pickens, SC

Reply to
Howard R Garner