atlas announces n scale shay

anyone know anything about it. The initial pictures are of a brass model, but this is great for n scale, if it runs well.

Reply to
allan

Thank you kindly I thought I saw the mention of that somewhere. Filed it for reference. A nice little shay will work in well on "The Route of the Pouncing Fox".

Paul

allan wrote:

Reply to
Paul R. Bennett

If more anon. I just turned on jpgs in my browser. I am so DEAD! I want! Thankfully I am on the Atlas mailing list. Hopefully it will run well Paul

allan wrote:

Reply to
Paul R. Bennett

Did anyone else notice that one of the roadnames for this engine is misspelled?

It should be Crown Willamette Paper Co., not Crown Williamette Paper Co.

See:

I wonder if Atlas will correct this inaccuracy?

Reply to
Ken Rice

Ken Rice ( snipped-for-privacy@email.ads) wrote: : Did anyone else notice that one of the roadnames for this engine is misspelled?

: It should be Crown Willamette Paper Co., not Crown Williamette Paper Co.

: See:

: I wonder if Atlas will correct this inaccuracy?

They will if you tell them. email snipped-for-privacy@atlasrr.com It's the email addy for Paul Graf VP of development, I think.

Reply to
S C Sillato

I DON'T think that 'test shot' photo IS a "brass Shay".

The Atlas photo depicts a very large two truck Shay ... probably close to a 90 ton loco. The only brass Shay that even comes close to it is the ancient (early) PFM/United two truck model of the Dayton Power & Light Shay. This is a great collector's piece today, but is very crude by modern standards. The Atlas photo actually looks as good as, or better than, this old HO Shay model.

We'll all have to wait and se what Atlas actually produces, but I think the N-scale crowd have a fair chance at a nice loco. Atlas's recent record has been pretty good. I bought a pair of their HO Amtrak AEM-7 electrics, and was so pleased I bought two more pair in variation paint schemes. They look great and run about as well as any loco in my roster, and the original pair have quite a few hours on them by now. The headlights could be brighter, but that's a 'nitpick' of a NICE model.

Dan Mitchell ==========

Ken Rice wrote:

Reply to
Daniel A. Mitchell