Austrains update: CLP & T class diesels (GM export models)

G'day all :-)

The Austrains site has just had a quick update with photos of some of the samples parts of the CLP and T class locos that arrived from China recently.

John is expecting to take delivery of the first complete, working T class today, so we should have some more photos soon.

As is to be expected these days, delivery dates for the finished models have "slipped" a little, and are now expected in November for the T and December for the CLP.

Also after John's very successful Sales Drive recently, the 80 and the 421 have now completely sold out, as have some of the variations of the 442/700 and NR.

Somehow, it doesn't seem right for Austrains to be without an 80 class ;-)

The Sales Drive continues though, with a "giveaway special" on JL 401 and JL

402, both now available at $120-, down from a rrp of $245- (I think he wants to clear some space for the Ts and CLPs.... ;-)

James McInerney Austrains Webmaster:

My G gauge garden homage to the now long gone railways of Tasmania's west coast, the "Rurr Valley Railway"

also

, where the steam era NSWGR secondary lines live on in HO at bucolic "Lambing Flat"

and

for the family stuff!

Reply to
James McInerney

Perhaps John might re-release the 80s in Silverton and whatever those two

80s are going to be repainted at Lithgow State Mine. :-)
Reply to
Robert Harris

Those 80's being painted at Lithgow, what colours will they be in?

Nathan

Reply to
Nathan Cox

Dunno, possibly the same as the 49s they are painting which are the same as the 73s.

Reply to
Robert Harris

Would that be the Patrick Rail livery, I have seen the two 73s they painted, but I didnt know that Patricks actually own 49 or 80 classes

nathan

Reply to
Nathan Cox

Newsgroups list amended.