Bachmann Spectrum MOW ballast regulator - front end?

I recently installed a DCC decoder in this unit. After running it I came to realize I did not know which was the front. It appears it can
be driven from either end and one cab has the ballast regulator operator position located there. Which is the designated front end?
--

Kirk DeHaan

Storm Enterprises - Unique items for model railroading