Bachmann 108 DCC-Ready?

The only Bachmann DMU I have is a 158 which was not DCC ready, so I have had
to run wires for the lights between the carriages. How have Bachmann
overcome this problem in their DCC-ready DMUs such as the new 108 ? In other
words, how are the lights in the non-powered unit driven? Do I need a
function decoder in there?
Adrian
Reply to
Adrian B
The only Bachmann DMU I have is a 158 which was not DCC ready, so I have had to run wires for the lights between the carriages. How have Bachmann overcome this problem in their DCC-ready DMUs such as the new 108 ? In other words, how are the lights in the non-powered unit driven? Do I need a function decoder in there?
Adrian
Yes, You need 2 decoders. One for the motor and one for the dummy. I have heard sugested it is best to give them differning address and then consist, so there is never any doubt as to which way is front....
Both have the standard 8 pin plugs to my knowledge.
Reply to
Andy Sollis CVMRD

Site Timeline