Bachmann 108 DCC-Ready?

The only Bachmann DMU I have is a 158 which was not DCC ready, so I have had to run wires for the lights between the carriages. How have Bachmann overcome this problem in their DCC-ready DMUs such as the new 108 ? In other words, how are the lights in the non-powered unit driven? Do I need a function decoder in there?

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian B

Adrian

Yes, You need 2 decoders. One for the motor and one for the dummy. I have heard sugested it is best to give them differning address and then consist, so there is never any doubt as to which way is front....

Both have the standard 8 pin plugs to my knowledge.

Reply to
Andy Sollis CVMRD

Aha. That seems sensible. Thanks. I might just ask Santa for one then...

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian B

Try asking Santa for two. Get in quick they are selling fast! Steve

Reply to
Brush4