I've been building up the courage to tackle the DCC conversion of a Bachmann04 Diesel shunter. I settled on the TCS M1 decoder, mainly for it's size, and ordered two. The first of these I trialled in a Bachmann 45xx Prairie, and I was very pleased with the result, so tonight I set to the 04. As this is a split chassis design with the motor buried deeply between the frames, I've felt some trepidation in dealing with this one. The frames have to be completely dismantled to get at the motor, everything went well and I ended up with a neat pile of metal and plastic parts. Having snipped the motor contacts so they no longer touch the frames, I was ready to connect the decoder. I opened the decoder bag, to find a beige plug with a bundle of wires.... no decoder! So it's all gone back together while I wait to contact the vendor tomorrow. Very frustrating indeed, hopefully I can get this done before the weekend, Cheers, Bill.
16 years ago