Stock car kits

Working down thru my collection of unbuilt kits, I came upon a four pack of Proto2000 Mather double deck stock cars. I bought them thinking they would service a packing house (yet to be built). The kits are painted for the Northern Pacific which seems reasonable even for an east coast packing operation. Any pointers to prototype photos or suggestions for detailing/painting/jazzing up of these kits would be of interest.

David Starr

Reply to
David Starr

I KNOW I'm losing my mind when I see "stock car kits" and wonder why anyone is talking about ANY type of slot cars, stock or forumla on here.

Has anyone seen my mind ?

Reply to
the OTHER Mike

Yeah, It wandered by Portage, MI late last week and (believe it or not) asked for directions to the Kalamazoo Model Railroad Historical Society. I showed it the web site with the map and then it asked about the Gratiot Valley Club. I told it how to get there as well. It thanked me and waddled off. I saw it's signature in the KMRHS guest log last night, so I know it got to the club. If it wanders back this way, I will tell it that you want it to come home. Just leave a light on for it. (G)

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

Zipped past here in hot pursuit of some Canada Geese about 6 weeks ago. Made a nice show, sorta like Northern Lights with firecrackers. Why on earth even your mind would want to have any truck with those feathered rats is beyond my (admittedly feeble) comprehension, however.

Hah!

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

It's on Bourbon St! hehehe...

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

I scratch built (read: board by board) a D & RGW stock car some time ago. I painted my way of course but i did put a thin coat of white wash on the floor to simulate lime. I was told by an expert on the D & RGW (hello Fred F) that they used lime on the floor to kill disease. I also made 2 boards look broken out as if they were kicked. Just a thought. This turned out to be a wonderful endeavor! Good luck with yours.

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

I maybe ignorant but I'm not stupid. ( yes, I know the vote is still out )

Besides the grocery and the club I seldom go anywhere else unarmed. It's rather bizarre to see people walking into the hardware store or a convience store with a gun strapped to their belt.

The National Guard ain't in town for nothing.

Reply to
the OTHER Mike

Easy, Woe Mike! I was just kidding. Besides from what you told me earlier i knew this...

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

If guns make you safe and the U.S of A is the most armed "First World" country, why isn't it the safest instead of the most dangerous?

-- Cheers

Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

country, why isn't it the safest instead of the most dangerous?< Statistics can be interesting. The safe vs non-safe in regards to being armed must be made with the areas it's legal to be armed vs the areas it's not. Also population density must be figured in. While I don't totally agree with the NRA they have a lot of statistics that show, based on population density, that places where citizens are armed are generally safer (lower crime rate and homicides) than areas where citizens are not armed.

Reply to
Jon Miller

Hush yo' mouf, you Commie!

Reply to
Steve Caple

I'll respond with my bumper sticker:

Cum catapultae proscriptum erunt, tum soli proscripts catapultas habebunt.

Outlaw handguns. Let criminals have Kentucky Longs. You'll know them by their walk.

Reply to
Jay Cunnington

And according to an article in Scientific American (20+ years ago), you're 3X more likely to survive a knife attack than a gun attack. Knives require personal contact with the victim, whereas most murders today don't require the killer to lay hands on the victim. Remoteness makes it easier, even if it is only 2 feet or so.

Reply to
Jay Cunnington

Canada must be doing something right.

On the other hand, get the guns out of the criminals' hands first, then we'll talk.

Reply to
Jay Cunnington

Compared to what, other U.S. cities? That sadly, doesn't say much, does it?

How about compared to Montreal, Osaka, Brisbane, Nice, Frankfurt, Birmingham, Auckland or nationally to Canada, Japan, Australia, France, Germany, United Kingdom or New Zealand?

Anyway, this is way OT and I, like many people outside the U.S. of A think that civilians carrying guns is just plain dangerous and should be illegal.

-- Cheers

Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Truth hurts? :-)

-- Cheers

Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

That's one heck of a leap in logic. And wrong.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Wel, yeah, I agree that whuile they cannot be trusted to use force only inself defense, it is true that they did nave guns in THEIR hands. Chickenhawks never do; they send other peoples' kids to carry the guns.

Reply to
Steve Caple

"I KNOW I'm losing my mind when I see "stock car kits" and wonder why anyone is talking about ANY type of slot cars, stock or forumla on here.

Has anyone seen my mind ?"

I just saw it traveling northbound in a CSX gondola on the west shore line. :-)

Eric

Reply to
newyorkcentralfan

Actually, I meant your surmise that I supported Bush and company.

I must be doing something right. The conservatives think I'm a liberal and the liberals think I'm a conservative :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard