Beginner in need of help

I have several ovals set up in Z gauge. I was able to set up switches to make a train station with your help. Now I have a new problem. I want to expand my oval to go around a building and co not have enough room to do an S curve is there a way to determine how far over a single curve over and another single curve back will move the track without simply using trial and error? In other words--I am going N and want to move the track over by 8 in to the W and continue N. Is there a way to figure that?

Thanks for your help. Ellen

Reply to
Ellen Shelton