Can British trains be used in USA?

"Can British trains be used in the USA? I had my model layout in the UK. It's been boxed for over 10 yrs now; can I run the locomotives in the states? Is there anything special I need to buy? Why do I need to run them?"

Nope.

The prototype secret police will kick down your door in the middle of the night and beat you mercilessly with rubber truncheons if you do this.

Eric

Reply to
newyorkcentralfan

Why not? But beware,they will be running on the wrong side of the tracks. Unless they're running on a C&NW layout.

Val

Reply to
VManes

Of course, and getting a bit away from the original thread, another way of finding the position of the Equator is the Plug Hole Test. In one hemisphere water goes down a plug hole in one direction of rotation, and in the other hemisphere the direction of rotation is reversed, So, other early explorers carried with them a kitchen sink, down the plug hole of which they poured water when they thought that they were near the Equator, and when right on the Equator, the water went straight down without any rotation. Not a popular method, as it was wasteful of water, which many expeditions did not have a lot of. Regards, Bill.

"Ray Haddad" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
William Pearce

Er, maybe not....

Not only wasteful of water, but not particularly accurate. You can make the water swirl either way.

Of course, in the age of digital watches, do we really know which way is clockwise and which counterclockwise any more?

Val

Reply to
VManes

Clockwise is up arrow. CCW is down arrow. ;-)

Bob

Reply to
User

Oh, bugger, another legend flushed down the toilet! Regards, Bill.

Reply to
William Pearce