Where can I buy a Dudley padlock in USA?

Does anyone know where I can buy a Dudley combination lock in the United States? Either a store or an online vendor would be fine. I've searched google but didn't come up with anything.

Thanks in advance, Dave

Reply to
Dave Hau

I had one about thirty years ago. Didn't have the combination. It was a school lock, and I didn't have any luck making a bypass key for it, either.

Want me to go see if it's still at my parents house, and then offer to sell it to you?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Never mind. I'm interested in it because I read that Dudley combo locks are harder to pick. Someone broke into my gym locker yesterday and took $100 from my wallet. But I've since realized that my master combo lock was forced open by some tool, not picked. So I guess I'll just try to choose a more visible locker from now on (close to the locker room entrance, with people passing by) and just replace my broken master's combo lock with a new one, since master's combo locks are easy to pick but physically they're pretty strong (correct me if I'm wrong).

Actually I've been eyeing the Sesamee K436 combo padlock which sells for about $15. Does anyone know if this is physically stronger than a master's combo lock? At this point, since I know the locker room thief is not picking locks but rather forcing them open, I'm primarily interested in a physically strong lock, not one that's hard to pick.

I also considered the Abus diskus but I'd prefer not to carry around a key to the swimming pool and also a diskus lock would be too conspicuously different than the other locks around. I know Sargent & Greenleaf has the strongest combo lock but it's out of my budget.

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave Hau

its my understanding that its 'not allowed to be used' as it was originally made for, might be able to get one cheaper than you think --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Master makes a heavy duty combination lock you might wish to consider. See:

Watch out for the wrap.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Thanks for the suggestion. Bought one at the local hardware store today. Says on packaging "Three times more pry-resistant". Will see how well it works. $9.99 price is good though. =)

- Dave

Reply to
Dave Hau

I suspect this will do you fine. This is not burglar proof, but should prevent the kind of attack that caused you to loose the C-note.

Good luck.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf