Can the straight path through a turnout be considered diverging?

Thank you.

It's shorter than a USRA tender. Perhaps you are refering to the tall coal bunker?
If you are, it's that high as that is typical of Canadian practice. The tender's been kitbashed so that the coal space is narrower so the crew can walk past the coal bunker, which has been made higher to off-set the narrower coal space.
The loco now looks much different than in those photos as it's lost the Russian domes and had a few other minor changes made to it.
It now looks like GER No. 163 see: -
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/rogertra/Great_Eastern/GER163a-1.jpg
-- Cheers
Roger T. Home of the Great Eastern Railway at:- http://www.highspeedplus.com/~rogertra / Latitude: 48 25' North Longitude: 123 21' West
On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 21:08:18 -0700, Roger T. wrote:

Which domes did you use - and what other changes did you do?
--
Steve

Bethlehem Car Works steam dome and sandbox, which involved filling the hole left when the original sand box was removed.
Precision Scale Co. stack and marker lights.
Home made airtank on pilot deck and associated piping and new sandlines.
Recessed and raised coal bunker on tender.
Not major changes but I think they go a long way in disguising the "Russian" ancestry.
-- Cheers
Roger T. Home of the Great Eastern Railway at:- http://www.highspeedplus.com/~rogertra / Latitude: 48 25' North Longitude: 123 21' West
On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 02:53:19 -0700, Roger T. wrote:

Nice job, indeed. BTW, in reference to the layot plan sketch: how do you get into that room, or is the room larger than 12x16? And in any case, where's the duckunder?
--
Steve

It's a poor sketch but the duckunder is under Granville Junction.
It has 50" clearance, so it's not too bad.
-- Cheers
Roger T. Home of the Great Eastern Railway at:- http://www.highspeedplus.com/~rogertra / Latitude: 48 25' North Longitude: 123 21' West
Roger T. wrote:

Yes.
I know. But the camera angle on one of the photos makes it look _huge_. ;-)

Very nice. Good weathering job, too. You have a good eye.
--
wolf k.

Roger T. wrote:

I used to get up there quite frequently before I retired. I live in Maryland. There were a ton of good train stores a few miles East of Fraser Valley I always went to when out there. I haven't found a good store in my area yet.