Clover House is for sale

Clover House, a manufacturer of steam-era dry transfer lettering for freight and passenger cars, is for sale.

From their latest Catalog #12, available on-line at

"Now in my early 80's, it is time to turn this interesting and fun business over to someone younger. If you are interested, please contact us at

707-823-7301. This is the last catalog that Jane and I plan to publish. Hopefully, before long there will be a new owner who will continue the Clover House tradition. In the meantime we will continue the business, but at a slower pace."

____ Mark Mathu The Green Bay Route:

"I started out with nothing and I still have most of it."

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Through the years, Russ Clover has been a great guy to work with. While not one of his biggest customers, he still took the time to answer for me whatever questions I might have had for him regarding his products & techniques. His catalog is also a treasure trove of cool artwork for older freight car design and is a decent reference source as well.

As to the continuation of the business, I hope that someone can succeed. But I really wonder how much longer dry transfers are going to continue to be made. It seems that fewer & fewer people are still practicing this type of printing.

Best wishes to Russ in finding a new owner for the business and in his retirement!

dlm

Reply to
Dan Merkel

Here hear!