Con-Cor opinions

Hello all, I am looking for opinions or any general information on Con-Cor passenger cars ..thank you..Mike

Reply to
Mike Kasiorek

I have one Amtrak Superliner and the trucks keep falling off. Either the kingpin is too short, or too small. I haven't tried to figure it out yet.

-- Please note; return email address has changed. It is now snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net. Emails to Earthlink will be ignored.

The Gratiot Valley Railroad Club bi-annual train show and sale March 7, 2004, at the Macomb Community College Sports and Expo Center. Macomb County Michigan. Please visit our Web Site at:

Frank A. Rosenbaum

=>Mike Kasiorek wrote: =>> Hello all, I am looking for opinions or any general information on =>> Con-Cor passenger cars ..thank you..Mike =>

=>I have one Amtrak Superliner and the trucks keep falling off. Either the =>kingpin is too short, or too small. I haven't tried to figure it out yet.

I replace those plastic thingies with screws as soon as possible - which sometimes means as soon as they fal out. :-)

Wolf Kirchmeir ................................. If you didn't want to go to Chicago, why did you get on this train? (Garrison Keillor)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Dear Sir, If you mean the 50-foot old-time cars, then my opinion is they are very good. They are a lot like the old AHM cars in appearance but with much better trucks & wheels. Cordially yours, Gerard P.

Reply to
Gerard Pawlowski

Use a screw to mount the couplers. I used masking tape to mask for some spray painting to rename a car and when I pulled the tape off, the original paint came off, too. Never had that happen with a painted model before. They were not helpful in suggestions for paint to repair the damage, either. I noticed that the Pullman has the same window pattern on both sides. Not sure many Pullmans were like that. Gene ABV61-1043.001.HCB

"Skinny Dipping and Other Stories" On the web at
or
and look for "Into Joy From Sadness" soon.

Reply to
STEAM GENE