DCC and display of loco information

Hi, I have read the recent discussion on Digitrax v's Lenz and have done some research on the net and I am interested in the Digitrax system. One question
I have is as I understand the Digitrax system it doesn't give very much information (such as loco selected, direction etc). Can the Digitrax system be setup to connect to a PC which can them display the relevant info? I know it can be interfaced with a PC, but is there the software to display the information.
Thanxs in advance
Edmund
Edmund Good wrote:

The Digitrax DT-400 throttle displays both selected engines along with direction, speed, and function that is active. Using the Loco buffer the Digitrax system can connect to (almost) any computer and interface with any of the mainstream software.

question
system
know
All the Digitrax throttles, to some extent, show the loco selected and the direction. The UT1, UT2, and UT4 has a toggle to show direction and manual number selectors to show address. The DT100 & DT200 has a 4 digit LCD display to show address, and colored LED's to show direction. The DT300 & DT400 has a multi-line LCD display that not only shows the address and the direction, but also the functions (F0 to F12) and, in the future, cab signals. By going into switch mode, this also will show a switch number and which way it's thrown. And so on. So the whole point is rather moot. Be that as it may, yes, you can hook up a PC to the Digitrax system, and there are at least three software suites that can operate it. KAM Industries, Railroad & Co., and JMRI. JMRI is freeware, while the other two are pay.
Edmund Good wrote:

I just got Digitrax for Xmas and it gives both, plus some other info.
Chris