PCM Power

Given the length and turbidity of the thread on "highest quality HO trains" I am skipping that discussion and hoping to get some opinions on the quality of Precision Craft Models.

When I review the manufacturer's that make people's lists of good or bad, I haven't noticed this maker get any mention at all. The appearance and price of their products suggest a fine product.

Any one have experiences to share?

euphemism

in article 79eth.558269$ snipped-for-privacy@fe09.news.easynews.com, euphemism at snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com wrote on 1/22/07 6:11 PM:

It looks like PCM is part of Broadway Limited (or maybe the other way around...); I have a couple of BLI products, including the NYC J1E and UP MT73. Both are quality models with good sound and DCC systems. If PCM is similar (seems to be even more pricey), then they are likely to be OK, too.

Reply to
Edward A. Oates

I belong to a mr club and one person has a PCM Big Boy with DCC & sound. The detail and sound are fantastic. I am not a nit picker so I cannot give any opinion on how good the detail is. Another member has a Trix Big Boy with DCC & sound and it looks as good as the CPM version. Both pulling a 38 car freaight are quite a fantastic looking and sounding pair. If I was modeling steam with heavy freight, I could go with either one depending on price. Someone mentioned to me that MR Magazine had a review of the PCM Big Boy in the December 2006 issue. I have not seen the issue yet.

rich

Reply to
gagnonrchrd