DCC Plugs and Connectors

I am trying to locate SMALL 8 or 9 pin plugs, both female and male. Prefer that the plug already have wire leads on at least one side. I can find one, but then can not find the mate for it.

I did find this, but can not tell how small it is.

I am trying to put a decoder in a steam engine and will have to mount it in the tender and would like to be able to plug and unplug it to allow for the separation of both.

Thanks for your help

Chris

Reply to
Chris

I think I found it. I believe this is what I was looking for. It looks like both sides.

Thanks all

Chris

I am trying to locate SMALL 8 or 9 pin plugs, both female and male.

Chris

I don't have any information regarding wire leads however I've been wondering about the plugs themselves. Your link says that the plugs can be used as both male and female connectors. If used as female, do I just solder the wire directly to a male pin and then protect it with shrink wrap? That seems flimsy to me so I wonder if anyone has any better suggestions.

Carter

Jeff Dippel

No need to protect them as long as you do a good solder job.

Chris

Chris

Shrink tubing does a fair job of protecting the wire joint, especially in the small sizes. For additional protection, white glue can do an excellent job as will epoxy for a "handle" for the connector. If expxy, you want to more use the flexible stuff rather than a hard epoxy as the hard end of the epoxy will tend to make the breakage of the wire happen at the edge of the epoxy.

-- Bob May

Bob May