Driver wheel terminology

Terry, Whilst the NSWGR 38's were the only Australian loco class to have all its members fitted with Boxpox wheels, some K's,Ns and A2's in Victoria had them also, but fair enough, they weren't fitted to all those classes, so, one class completely fitted, some others partially fitted.Also, the Indian WP's had something that looked like Boxpoks, but which may not have been true examples of the design. Regards, Bill.

effort

Reply to
William Pearce

Wrong again. As usual, all your post does is display your parochialism and ignorance.

How many FDs built?

How many QJs built?

How many JFs built?

How many JSs built?

How many FDs built?

How many RMs built?

How many SLs built?

How many SYs built?

How many 01.5s built?

How many Ls built?

How many LVs built?

How many P36s built?

How many C57s built?

How many C58s built?

How many C59s built?

How many C52s built?

How many D51s built?

How many D52s built?

How many E10s built?

How many WPs built?

How many Niagaras built?

There's more, but even someone as relentlessly obtuse as yourself will eventually get the message.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Wrong!

Reply to
Mark Newton

Wrong, I did.

Wrong again, it was. The person doing the distorting and misleading is you, Flynn.

Once, to provide the OP with a reference point to compare Boxpok wheels with. No further mention of UK locomotives was made by the OP, me or any other poster in this thread until you blundered in.

You're flat out wrong, fool. (And the name of the wheel is Boxpok.) Apart from the four classes of locomotive in Australia, how many were there of the following?

How many FDs built?

How many QJs built?

How many JFs built?

How many JSs built?

How many FDs built?

How many RMs built?

How many SLs built?

How many SYs built?

How many 01.5s built?

How many Ls built?

How many LVs built?

How many P36s built?

How many C57s built?

How many C58s built?

How many C59s built?

How many C52s built?

How many D51s built?

How many D52s built?

How many E10s built?

How many WPs built?

How many Niagaras built?

And so on...

Still irrelevant. The discussion concerned steam locomotives of all types North America, not articulateds elsewhere.

Utterly irrelevant. No Garratts were built North America, which was the topic of discussion.

What a pity you cannot post anything relevant to the topic.

But by all means Flynn, keep posting - I love a free kick.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Wrong, I did.

Wrong again, it was. The person doing the distorting and misleading is you, Flynn.

Once, to provide the OP with a reference point to compare Boxpok wheels with. No further mention of UK locomotives was made by the OP or myself in this thread until you blundered in.

You're flat out wrong, fool - and the name of the wheel is Boxpok. (We experts are particular about things like that.) Apart from the FOUR classes of locomotive in Australia, how many were there of the following?

[...]

I stand corrected. Soon after I posted I came across a photo of one of the modified Victorian K,s.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

Yes, I should have double checked. I should have said one class in Australia that was designed and delivered with boxpox wheels. The rest are the odd replacement wheel set of some locomotives in Victoria. I admit my mistakes, you simply make your mistakes into biger lies.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

Your reply below which I have removed simply shows you lack of understanding of the meaning of locomotive type and the meaning of outside North America. See my other post which exposes Mark's lie, which is getting bigger..

Terry Flynn

For HO scale track standards go to

includes details of HO wagon weight and locomotive tractive effort estimates

Reply to
Terry Flynn

Keep lying expert. If you did make this qualification, why are you trying to prove that there are more locomotives outside the US with boxpok driving wheels?

Then read the thread again lyer. Another post also referred to non North American locomotives, see below, caught out again cutting and pasting to support your lies, and you included this post in another of your posts.

Of the 4 types only one class had all boxpok drivers. The rest were locomotives designs with spoked wheels, and the boxpok modification was not done to all the driving wheels or the entire class. Yes I should have said only 1 Australian locomotive was designed and delivered with boxpok drivers. The fool is the person who lies to cover up their mistakes.

Your reply below simply shows you lack of understanding of the meaning of locomotive type and the meaning of outside North America.

All Chinese I assume. That's one country outside North America which had a many modern engine classes using the boxpok wheel.

Why don't you adequately identify the locomotives properly? There are 100's of railway companies around the world.

I assume USSR for these. A minority of Soviet locomotive types.

We will assume Japan. Country no 2 that had a large number of locomotive types with boxpok drivers. WW2 thinned out their older designs.

India for the WP. Only one locomotive type for the hole sub-continent.

Why have you included a North American locomotive? Trying to boost up your skewed stats.

According to your list, only 20 classes of locomotive outside North America were designed with boxpok drivers. The railways that operated these classes need to be identified in order to verify your list. However it is clear the majority of locomotive types outside North America had spoked wheels. The only countries you have identified which were big on boxpok outside North America were the communist block nations, because they did not have to pay royalties for the design and Japan.

Again, you mentioned the UK locomotive, which only looks like the cast boxpok design. You even took part in the international comments, liar. At least 2 other posters mentions non American locomotives. Garratt is a locomotive type which cannot be ignored. Your above list simply shows how few locomotive types outside North America used Boxpok drivers. I am talking modern designs. I await your next set of distortions and blatant lies expert.

Why don't you answer these questions expert lyer?

How many locomotive types were in Western Europe, the UK, Australia, Africa, Asia, South America and the Middle East? It is far greater than 20 locomotive types.

I will give some answers for Australia, Steam locomotives types built after

1940 which has spoked wheels, 21, excluding 2' gauge locomotives.

Lets add Indian locomotive types, I count 8 types built after 1940, all with spoked wheels, of which 2 types were made in the USA. If you are still hung up on overall locomotive numbers, there is a couple of thousand locomotives in this group to balance out the overall Chinese numbers.

No need for me to go any further. And thats only 2 countries out of over 100 countries with railways outside Noth America.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

Better double check that too, fool, you're wrong about that as well. And please take note, it's Boxpok, not "boxpox". Take it from an expert.

My only mistake is to reply to your posts.

But I'll bite, what mistake am I alleged to have made?

What "biger" lies am I alleged to have told?

(While we're at it, is there ANY chance at all that you could learn to spell properly?)

Reply to
Mark Newton

By all means, explain to me what "locomotive type" means, and what "outside North America" means...

Reply to
Mark Newton

You are a rude pompous, class A jerk. Nothing you contribute on this group is worth suffering through your anger.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

LOL! You think I'm angry? You're a poor judge of these things if that's the case.

Speaking of contributions, where are all of yours?

Reply to
Mark Newton

The Bowser website explains all. Go to

and you can see the difference between heavy, medium, and and light wheels and between blind and flanged drivers, working out from the center driver.
shows the different types of Boxpok wheels.

PS: There are things worth fighting about, steam vs diesel, Pennsy vs NYC, etc., but the designs of locomotive driving wheels?? Get a life!

Reply to
Stefan Patejak

The current stoush is not about driving wheels as such. It has devloped because the OP believes that he is some unimpeachable authority on all matters relating to model railroads. He isn't.

Reply to
Mark Newton

snip

Reply to
Dick Ganderton

Yes. That's why I surrounded the word with quotation marks, to indicate that I was quoting the previous post's misspelling. And why I asked the question that followed.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Why don't you include my original reply? Here it is

'Might be true for the US built locomotives, not true for the rest of the world. No Garratt's with Boxpok wheels.'

That got mark foaming. Why? Nothing controversial.

And you can see my above reply, it did not question the US situation, but the rest of the world. Again Mark tries to rewrite news group history. Mark introduced locomotive numbers, I initially talked about locomotive types. Here is my reply reposted again

How many locomotive types were in Western Europe, the UK, Australia, Africa, Asia, South America and the Middle East? It is far greater than 20 locomotive types.

I will give some answers for Australia, Steam locomotives types built after

1940 which has spoked wheels, 21, excluding 2' gauge locomotives.

Lets add Indian locomotive types, I count 8 types built after 1940, all with spoked wheels, of which 2 types were made in the USA. If you are still hung up on overall locomotive numbers, there is a couple of thousand locomotives in this group to balance out the overall Chinese numbers.

No need for me to go any further. And thats only 2 countries out of over 100 countries with railways outside Noth America.

Your memory needs improving Mark if you want to tell lies. In that old reply I did not include the big Western European users of spoked wheels or Africa.

Reply to
Terry Flynn