Dumb Luck!

All, I made a few happy discoveries over the week end and no one around here cares so I thought I'd tell you guys about it. While building my version of the Texas Midland out in my shed I was without information on several things that I decided to build so I could move forward and took a guess at what they might look like. One was the bridge over the Trinity River and another was the tank and station at Rosser. I built a CV Pratt truss for the bridge because it would have been common at the turn of the century. Secondly I have a fairly large water tank mostly built that I planned to use at Terrell that had a yard, engine facilities and a round house. I planned to build a smaller tank for Rosser. I also laid out plans and rounded up materials for a brick station/freight house at Rosser that would fit my layout having no idea what was at Rosser so long ago. Well at long last I found a picture of the bridge. A Pratt truss just like the CV kit. Ok no big deal. Those were a dime a dozen back then. Then I found a picture of the station and tank at Rosser. The station is about the same size as planned, it was brick, it was also a combined freight house and sat between tracks just like it would be on the layout. All I have to do is change are the windows, roof pitch along with a few other details but won't need to buy any additional materials. The water tank at Rosser sits right next to the station and is a dead ringer for the tank I have under construction that was going to be used at Terrell. One pleasant discovery is great.........but three.......... and all on the same day? Dumb luck. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

Good on ya Bruce. I like it when it happens like that.

Nigel New Zealand

Reply to
Nigel Nichols

It's getting even better. The freight house at Terrell still exists and I found out that the tank and station at Rosser are still there. I've covered most of the old grade from Ennis to the west bank of the Trinity. Rosser sits just past the east bank Apparently I stopped just short of the gold vein the last time I was out following the grade. No telling what else I'll come up on the stretch between the river and Terrell. It looks like its time for another field trip. Now if I can only find some time. If Gerry Leone is reading this.... I'm going to take some close ups of the hoop fasteners. If we got them backwards we can reverse the image for documentation purposes. :) Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

You realise, of course, you have used up your entire lifetimes supply of "Modellers Luck"?

Not one thing will ever turn out right, ever again, unless it is rebuilt 47 times. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes... :)

Steve Newcastle NSW Aust

Reply to
Steve Magee

Burce, You are now leaving the Twilite Zone............ all your measurements and photos will be off..........(I hope not) wanna pick 6 numbers for me?..........(hey, I can try to cash in too) Paul

Reply to
res0xur8
6-8-9-11-25-27 or 6-8-11-14-25-27. Either combination is a winner. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

2,357 124 99 3,234,321 2 59

Oh, wait, you wanted lottery numbers?

Jay PS: If these TV psychics are so good, how come _they_ haven't all hit Powerball yet?

Reply to
JCunington

Oh-Oh.........didn't think about that.

I wouldn't want to be in my shoes either. I'll have to ware boots all the time now.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger