EMD E-unit Blomberg Trucks

I completed a project to mount an X-10 video camera in an HO dummy diesel - worked out to be easier than I expected. I used an old Rivarossi E-8 shell on a home made chassis (so I could deepen the fuel tank area to accommodate the transmitter circuit board, and to keep the antenna vertical and of maximum size). I cut out (e.g.opened) the nose door so the camera looks out the open door, and powered it with 4 AA cells in a Radio Shack holder with the voltage doubler from the X-10 battery pack.

My one problem is that I used an old pair of Hobbytown of Boston E unit dummy trucks. The zamac sideframes are developing a slight warp, and the trucks use two bolsters which all but eliminate any equalizing effect, so the trucks don't track very well. They work moderately well on my carefully laid Shinohara/Walthers code 83, but had many derailments on a friend's less meticulously installed Atlas code 100 (which his P2K E's negotiate just fine). I need a completely underfloor truck, so I think Athearn with A-Line sideframes are out, as are P2K (if they were even available separately). Kemtron/PSC used to make a dummy brass truck but I'm not sure if it is still available. Can anyone recommend any other type/source? GQ

Reply to
Geezer

Dummy Rivarossis; should be able to pick them up at any local show for a song.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

Blomberg trucks on EMD E-units?

History of N Scale:
Links to over 700 helpful sites:

Bill

Martin (IIRC) Blomberg designed both the three axel truck used under E-units, as well as the two axel unit most are used to the name being associated with.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

Brian Ehni wrote: Martin (IIRC) Blomberg designed both the three axel truck used under E-units, as well as the two axel unit most are used to the name being associated with.

------------------------------------------------------Thanks! I only knew of the Blomberg two axle trucks.