no genie excelerator remote

Help! I'm looking for a way to open my garage door. I installed a Genie Excelerator 6 months ago, but I exited through the big garage door (stepping over the safe-t-beam) with the remote still in the truck, and am now locked out. Unfortunately I placed horizontal 2x4s across the walk-in door to prohibit "kick-ins", after I was burglarized last year. I should have exited through the walk-in door. I guess I outsmarted myself. I used to have 2 remotes, but now the

2nd remote has the original code, because I had to replace the circuit board on the opener due to an electrical neutral problem, and forgot to re-program the 2nd opener. I can't think of any way to access the garage without totally destroying the new steel walk-in door, or cutting a hole through the framing, or the big garage door. If anyone knows of a way to break the code, I wouldn't have to damage the garage. Any advice or reference would be greatly appreciated...
Reply to
Fred

installed a

big garage

in the

horizontal 2x4s

was

walk-in door.

but now the

the circuit

and forgot

access the

door, or

door. If anyone

damage the

appreciated...

Fred, Defeating instructions are not usually given on this open forum for obvious reasons. see the FAQ

you should have also installed a key over-ride on the outside. if you don't want to damage something call a professional overhead door company that installs the Genie Accelerator 6

g'luck

Reply to
Key

This is an easy one - maybe even easier than Key's suggestion. Get 3 hydraulic jacks - 10 or 20 ton capacity, and 3 6x6 timbers of a length sufficient to reach from the top of a fully withdrawn jack to the roof timbers. Put everything in place on one side of the A-frame roof, and then have 3 people pump the jacks in synchrony. You should be able to lift the chosen side of the roof up a foot or so - enough to crawl in and unlock everything. (Be *careful* to block up the roof up before starting to crawl in - those jacks are not the most stable things, and I'd hate to think of the whole thing collapsing while you are crawling in!)

Reply to
Henry E Schaffer

You locked yourself out of the f****ng gargage yeah ok whatever. Heres what you do Fred. You make yourself a long skinny tool with a hook on it shaped something like

-------------> and you slip it in at the top of the door. Grab the release rope or chain and pull it. You can buy the tool from most locksmith suppliers just BS them and say you are a locksmith or write to them on locksmith letterehead or from a locksmith email address. They really dont give a f*ck who the hell you are they just want to protect themselves from liability and pretend that they only sell to locksmiths. Doesnt really matter its simple to make your own anyway. There are also universal openers that run through all possible door codes that are usually sold only to law enforcement but if you look around you can find them. They will be pricey. The best thing to do is to just use the hook unless you were too lazy to install the manual release rope chain what the f*ck ever in which case you are screwed and will have to pay a locksmith to open it or pay out the ass for the code brute forcer.

Reply to
Nobody You Fucking Know

"Nobody You F***ing Know" snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com trolled in message

---snip the needless dribble---

Reply to
Key

"'Key" snipped-for-privacy@Ya.net trolled in message news:WMmGc.18534$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.texas.rr.com...

--snip the usnet Nazi troll--

Reply to
Nobody You Fucking Know

"Nobody You Fucking Know" snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com trolled in message news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

usnet ?? :-)

Reply to
Key

Just can't resist huh? Ever done any good? Nope. Didn't you see it dying down? Deep down - I'm starting to think you want it to go on and on and on.

PLEASE DON"T FEED THE TROLLS! Mike Thomas Lock & Key For an email list discussion of locksmith related marketing concepts join us:

MThomas859

matter of fact YES I have. many times.

hmmm ? wonder why...

on and on.

think what ya wish.

you don't know what my intensions are.

Reply to
Key

I see what the results are.

Reply to
MThomas859

believe I am talking about different intensions then you think.

Reply to
Key

Maybe. Mike Thomas Lock & Key For an email list discussion of locksmith related marketing concepts join us:

MThomas859