Fall edition of The SouthErneR online w/pix of Sandusky Coal Unloader model

Here is the address to the latest online version of SER's The SouthErneR. I have to apologize about the download size for anyone who still has dialup like me. It is a 6.3 MB download but it does have 70 pages with many, many color photos.

There is more on the Detroit contest including many detail photos of the PRR Sandusky Coal Unloader model plus a few photos of the present winner and some of the past winners of the William J. Lenior Award for best scratch built steam locomotive.

There is an article on the soon-to-start 5th annual Piedmont Pilgrimage Home Layout Tour which will run through the month of November and into the first weekend in December. The article features the DRGW HOn3 layout of Jim Hoffman whose layout has been used in a series of layout construction videos by Green Frog.

There are a couple of "how-to" or "how I did what" articles. There is a look at the SRR's former Norcross, GA train station - now a restaurant still located trackside in downtown Norcross.

There is also a day by day accounting of my experience before, during and after the Detroit convention as seen from the perspective of someone who helps run the contests at every national convention. It is a bit different from the "Oh Gee, Wow, I saw this and this and this..." perspective of your average convention attendee. More of a "down and dirty, this is what you did not see" perspective. However, before anyone runs off screaming about "my view of the Detroit convention contest", everything has been repaired, fixed, redone, or whatever was needed and we are running smoothly again.

Paul Voelker SER Editor NMRA Photo Contest

Reply to
paul-voelker