Filling Station

Well , I guess I'll get my .02 cents in as well. It looks like a plastic model to me. IMO , some of the models that come ready built look as good as this one. Of course , as someone else mentioned , maybe the person who bought it wanted it this way.
kd
Wow, what a tough crowd of critics -- yet no one shared a phot of how they modeled a filling station on their layouts.
By the way, I love the fans up in the rafters.
--
____
Mark Mathu

I didn't criticize the outstanding model, I figured it was the first day of the grand opening! Here's one of my n scale gas stations. Plenty of things to criticize here. <g> ...
http://www.billsrailroad.net/slideshow/see-22.jpg
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire N Scale Model Railroad: http://www.billsrailroad.net Brief History of N Scale: http://www.billsrailroad.net/history/n-scale Bill's Store--Books, Trains, and Toys: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore Resources--Links to 1,200 sites: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bills-favorite-links

What does that have to do with anything? You're saying one can't criticize anything unless they have done it themselves. So if I don't like my Ford, does that mean I can't be critical of it unless I've built my own car? Does that mean I can't be critical of my congressman unless I've been elected one? This seems to be a common refrain on the 'net. The instant you are critical of anything, you have some folks saying, "Oh, yeah? We'll let's see your work, pal!" It doesn't change the fact that something may have been incorrectly done on the original model, but it does do a rather nice job of redirecting the criticism (which is probably why they do it).
On 6/6/2008 12:17 AM Mark Mathu spake thus:

Not only do I not have a filling station, I don't even have a layout. So sue me.

Missed those before; nice touch.
conversation with the average voter.
David Nebenzahl wrote:

In the era I model petrol was sold by chemists shops.
On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 02:17:28 -0500, Mark Mathu wrote:

Er, uh, in the right hand photo in the middle row? I see the greenish-blue lampshades (with rather large lamps for O scale), the hoist, and what looks like a compressor and some belt wheels on top of the air tank (?) in hte back - but can't find any fans. Where should I look?
--
Steve

Nope, no fans, but I *do* like the pinup girl's pic hanging on the back wall of the shop.
-Pete
Mark Mathu wrote:

I'm just slowly putting the tables together. I lost my house the beginning of '03, in the Bush Depression, and never put it up in FL. I'm in an apt now, but after getting the bug and building a Penn Line Pennsy E-6 Atlantic, I've started working on it. I also need to work on the overtable protection against the All-Destroying Monsters (our Lords and Masters, the cats, of course).
mark

I used to have that problem.
Then we adopted a couple of abandoned Rottweiler puppies.
-Pete
P. Roehling wrote:

Sorry, but *real* ferals could take care of them.
But right now, my real problem is the size of the room (small), and what I want to do (far too much). I'm trying to figure out how to get the over-curve above the lower section, and I don't have enough room for a full helix, and....
mark

Forgive me for doubting that, but those same dogs chased a half-grown mountain lion out of our yard a year ago this spring, and I can't picture anything smaller than that standing firm in the face of a concerted charge...
-Pete